The National Association for the Relief
of Paget's Disease
The Role of the NARPD
The National Association for the Relief of Paget's Disease
was founded in 1973 by the late Mrs Ann Stansfield, whose husband
suffered with the disease for 27 years and experienced considerable
difficulty obtaining information, understanding or support for the
condition, Mrs Stansfield received an M.B.E. for her tireless work
The NARPD aims to encourage, promote and assist research
into the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of the disease and
to assist the relief of patients. At the NARPD, much of our
work goes into providing support for sufferers of Paget's Disease
and we send information to all enquirers free of charge.
Due to our extensive links with medical professionals, we are
also able to help sufferers gain the treatment they need by directing
them to consultants who specialise in the treatment of Paget's Disease.
We offer both a professional and lay-persons' membership scheme
for a fee of £10 per annum which will keep members in touch
with the latest developments in the field. From this year professional
members will receive their own biannual Newsletter as well as continuing
to receive the lay-persons' Newsletter.
The benefits of professional membership include:
- regular newsletters
- access to educational materials
- regular update of reference of relevance to Paget's Disease
- participation in the activities of the Association.
Paget's Disease - some facts:
- 1 in 20 of the older population of this country suffers from
- In some areas this can be as high as 1 in 12 of people over
the age of 40!
- Paget's disease is a severe, crippling bone disease for which
there is no cure and no known cause.
- Paget's disease was discovered in the UK during Queen Victoria's
reign and we can boast to having many of the world's leading
doctors and scientific experts, but their hands are tied.
- In the USA, millions of dollars are being invested by the
government on research into Paget's disease.
- The UK government has no programme for funding Paget's disease
For further information contact:
The National Association for the Relief of Pagers Disease
323 Manchester Road,
Manchester M28 3HH
Tel. No: 0161 7994646
Fax No: 0161 7996511
For further information visit the website: www.paget.org.uk
Back to Support
Statement | Terms
& Conditions | Telephone: 020 7243 1968
| Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
| Designed & Developed by SP
Internet Consultancy Ltd
| Ailments |
| Health News
| Focus | Doctor
File | Q &
A | Features
| Support Groups
| About Us
Doctor | Events