Arthritis Care is the only national voluntary organisation
working with and for all people with arthritis.
It aims to promote their health, well-being and independence through
services, support, self-help, information and influence. It has
over 620 branches and groups, and 59,000 members.
Did you know?
- Eight million people in the UK have arthritis
- There are more than 200 types of arthritis
- Arthritis is the single biggest cause of physical disability
in the UK
- One in five visits to a GP is about arthritis
- 14,500 children have arthritis
- 37 per cent of people with arthritis are in pain all the time.
60 per cent have their sleep disturbed regularly.
- The total cost of arthritis in the UK was estimated as £1.3bn
- The cost to the individual for drugs, adaptations and special
equipment averages at £4,000 a year
- People with arthritis pay for their prescriptions. This is not
so with some other long-term conditions
- provides a helplines service offering confidential support
and information about arthritis. It can be contacted by letter
or telephone. The telephone helplines are available weekdays
on 020 7380 6555 between 10.00am and 4.00pm, or on a freephone
number 080 8800 4050 between 12 noon and 4.00pm.
- runs Young Arthritis Care for people under 46 with arthritis.
Young Arthritis Care has local contacts and groups and produces
its own magazine.
- runs a range of personal development training courses for people
with arthritis of all ages.
- offers an increasing programme of self-management courses to
assist the move from dependence to independence.
- runs four hotels and a national home visiting service.
- produces a range of helpful publications including an alternate
monthly magazine, Arthritis News.
- campaigns for greater awareness of the needs of all people with
18 Stephenson Way
London NW1 2HD
Tel: 020 7380 6500
Fax: 020 7380 6505
Back to Support
Statement | Terms
& Conditions | Telephone: 020 7243 1968
| Email: email@example.com
| Designed & Developed by SP
Internet Consultancy Ltd
| Ailments |
| Health News
| Focus | Doctor
File | Q &
A | Features
| Support Groups
| About Us
Doctor | Events